redesigned

Monday, December 19, 2005

An e-mail from WHOM?
So something I never expected happened yesterday. I was checking my e-mail and saw an e-mail with the following subject title: "A surprise Merry Christmas from Liana".

*excuse me?*

Maybe a few of my current circle of friends have heard me mention her in regards to a theatre troupe I was in, or something random here or there, but basically she was my best friend from sixth grade through half of high school. She and her mom moved away after our sophmore year. Long story short, our friendship suffered some very troubled times, and we didn't leave on the best of terms. This is something I've always regretted.

So I opened the e-mail, not really knowing what to expect, and found a warm letter, with an update on her life inside. She's been with a wonderful man for three years now, and they're getting married in June. Her hubby-to-be is a song-writer by passion, and she is still writing too (something she really enjoyed when we were best friends).

The funny part about all of this is that she has been on my heart constantly for the past few months. It seemed so random at the time, to be thinking often of someone you haven't seen in a decade, but now I believe it was God preparing me for this reunion of sorts. I even tried to find her online a few months back, unsuccessfully. You know how she got my e-mail? She found THIS BLOG. Well, whattya know...so "Hi, Liana", if you're reading this!

I've since e-mailed her back. She lives in Minnesota now, so she isn't really a short drive away, but perhaps we'll be e-pals :)

I told her this in the e-mail I replied with--it feels really nice to have resolution after such a long time. And as for the past, I choose to just think about our good memories. That's how it should be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home