redesigned

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Alone again...naturally
Name that song. I'll give you a couple clues: it's older, and it's depressing. But I still like it. Or rather, the melancholic in me does.

Jim's in Colorado until Saturday. Work...again. He's been there since this past Sunday. I really miss him when he's gone. Anyone can make fun of me for that who wants to, but I'm not ashamed of who I am.

Thanks for choosing Chick-Fil-A, how can I help you?
So Jim and I frequent the Chick-Fil-A here in town so much, that one of the main openers, Ryan, knows us both by name. He's recently started attempting to convince me that I need to work there. I agree that I have the right personality for the job (terminally cheerful), but I am not a food-service person. That takes special talent. Allison, you have the right balls for that job. I lack them.

Speaking of balls, I recently had yet another customer at work ask me if I'm "always this happy". Yes, I am. I seem to recall a few scriptures encouraging people who follow the way of Christ to "choose joy". I'm obedient. My life isn't always wonderful; I just choose to be positive.

Related to that, a few of us at work have been doing a personality study together. We're learning SO much about why we interact with each other the way we do. It's helping me to understand that our different personality quirks are not negatives or weaknesses, they are just different forms of strength. For example, I used to think my boss was a pessimist. I now realize that he's just a realist. And that trait is necessary to balance out any decisions I, or others like me, might want to make based on a rush of positive emotion, which I'm prone to. I won't get too much into it, but I encourage anyone reading this to take a step back when/if you conflict with co-workers to see if it's just a difference in perspective. Not that there aren't assholes out there; I know a few too :)

And on that note, I'm off to take care of the puppies. Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home