redesigned

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A quandary of sorts...
We really love our dogs.  We do.  But we're having SO much trouble selling this house because of them.  Showings are limited, because of needing so much prep time because of them, and when we have had actual showings, people have mentioned that the house "smells of dog".  In preparation for this last open house, I cleaned this place from top to bottom over the course of four days.  The dogs don't even have access to most of the house-just the living room and kitchen, neither of which have carpet.  I killed myself to make this place look and (so I thought) smell good.  The one couple that came through smelled the dogs.  And they were at my parents' house...so...yeah.  What do we do?  How can we sell this house with those dogs here?  I don't think we can.  We can't afford a mortgage and rent, let alone two mortgages.  I just don't know what to do.

NO, we're not getting rid of the dogs.  We love them very much.  But we've got to find a solution to this problem.  We've talked about renting the house over the winter and trying to sell it again once warmer weather hits, but we'll just have to see how that goes.  It seems like a good idea. 

I wonder if I know anyone with a bit of land and a love for dogs, who'd like to adopt them for a couple months.

On a fun note...
I love getting mail.  It's actually one of the things I look forward to every day.  Yesterday, for some unknown reason, I forgot to get it out of the mailbox.  Know what that means?  I got to get mail twice today.  Woot!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home