redesigned

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Prepare for a long post...
I leave with Jim the day after tomorrow. I have a lot to do. So naturally I am spending my morning at the computer. It's OK. I have a list. Among the items on my list: 1.deposit paycheck. 2.Pay six bills. 3.Wish I had another paycheck.

"I met a possum."
Last night I went with my mom around the block to see some animals she was taking care of for a friend. As we opened the garage door the get to a few cats, a possum walked casually by our feet. Literally within a few inches. It kinda looked at us, paused, and kept going. Then it crawled behind some junk. My mom said it was just a youngster, which I thought was fun since it was already bigger than a large cat. How big do those things get, anyway? At any rate, I thought it was adorably cute. Of course, I've also had pet rats. And for those of you wondering, the cats were in a large cage-totally safe from the possum.

Ok, and now for something totally unneccesary:
A really old quiz I read on Todd's lj:
1) When was the last time you went to the bathroom outside? Traveling with Jim. I had to pee SO badly and there were no gas stations open (it was late) so he pulled over by one that was closed and He stood guard while I peed on (yes, on) a wooden wall by a dumpster.
2) When was the last time you saw one of your parents? About a minute ago.
3) Which family member do you most resemble? One of my dad's sisters.
4) Do you wear cologne/perfume? Yep. But I alternate between a couple.
5) Do you wear deodorant? Yep.
6) Do you ‘clean up nice’? Ask Jim.
7) When was the last time you tripped and fell? I slipped and fell on my booty like six months ago when I still worked at Smith. Jim was dropping me off at work. One minute I was walking to the door, the next he looked and I was gone. I was flat on my back. On the ice in front of the door.
8) Where was the last place you slept besides your home? I've fallen asleep with Jim on his couch more times that I care to recall. It's what we do. Turn the t.v. on, go unconscious. Apparently we are old.
9) What are you listening to right now? The hum of the laptop. And Our St. Bernard cleaning himself. Yum.
10) Have you ever started an uncontrollable fire? Not UNcontrollable...
11) Ever run out of gas on the road? Nope. I have a Saturn.
12) Would you rather cut the grass or rake the leaves? Rake leaves. And then JUMP in 'em!
13) Your name spelled backwards? Nire yrruMcM. Gah.
14) What is the last thing you downloaded onto your computer? A driver for my zip drive.
15) Last time you swam in a pool? Pool whorin' at Jim's place-not nearly enough this year.
16) Have you ever been in a school play? Yep.
17) How many kids do you want? 1 when I'm between 30 and 33.
18) Type of music you dislike most? Screaming metal. Metal metal is OK.
19) You registered to vote? Yep.
20) You have cable? Yep, but Jim doesn't and I like it better that way.
21) Ever prank call anybody? In elementary school. And when I worked at Carpenter's Son-but just co-workers.
22) Best friends? Best insinuates 'one'. Best female friend? Allison. Best male friend? Jim, of course. But I have many dear friends that are very close to my heart. And I cherish them all :)
23) Would you go bungee jumping or sky diving? I kind of want to sky dive. But not die trying.
24) Do you have a garden? I consider various parts of Jim's yard mine.
25) What’s your favorite comic strip? Garfield. But I really appreciate Dilbert.
26) Shower in the morning or at night? Depends.
27) Best movie you’ve seen in the past two weeks? Office Space-not new, but definately the best I've seen in the past two weeks.
28) Favorite pizza toppings? Cheese and green pepper.
29) Chips or popcorn? Chips. Popcorn gets stuck in my teeth and gums. Ouch.
[What happened to question 30?]
31) Have you ever smoked peanut shells? Nope.
32) Orange Juice or apple? Both.
33) Favorite type of chocolate bar? Coffee Crisp. It's Canadian.
34) Last time you voted at the polls? Last presidential election.
35) Last time you ate a homegrown tomato? Ew.
36) Are you a good cook? When I actually cook, yes.
37) Ever order anything from an infomercial? Darren's Dance Grooves. And Pilates.
38) Sprite or 7-up? Sprite. 7-up makes me feel sick-maybe because my mom always gave it to me when I had the flu.
39) Have you ever had to wear a uniform to work? Oh yeah.
40) Ever thrown up in public? Does puking out of a Jeep Grand Cherokee going 70 m.p.h. while passing a semi in a rainstorm count?
41) Would you prefer being a millionaire or find true love? I've already found my true love, so I think the next logical step is the millionare thing.
42) Do you believe in love at first sight? I believe in connection-at-first-sight.
43) Can ex's be friends? Yes, but I also beieve that can affect future relationships. Trust me on this one.
44) Who was the last person you visited in a hospital? My daddy. He's better now :)
45) Did you have a lot of hair as a baby? No, I was pretty bald and/or thin-haired until Kindergarten. Even past that.
46) What message is on your answering machine? My voicemail says, "Hey, this is Erin. Leave me a message." Creative, huh?
47) What do you think about most? Family...friends...my relationships with them and God...oh, and sex.
48) Favorite form of travel? Road tripping! Woot!
49) Ever drink rotten milk? At Allison's mom's house once. Ask her about it.
50) What do you think of the person who posted this ahead of you? Todd Bader is a genuinely sweet guy. He's going to be an amazing husband and father some day. But the girl has to pass my approval first. I am protective of Death Bath.

Ok, on to my list of stuff to do today...*sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home