redesigned

Thursday, June 05, 2008

Cubs mania
I've noticed a lot of people wearing Cubs paraphernalia recently.  I hope they're not fair-weather fans.  That would offend me.  I've been a cubs fan since I was a little girl.  I have loved them even when they've sucked.  Which has been most of the time, mind you.

Let me do your job for you
The receptionist from Eli's pediatrician's office called earlier:

Me: Hello?
Her: Hi...Lucy?
Me: No...this is Erin.
Her: Oh...um...I was calling to remind you of your daugther, Lilly's appointment tomorrow.
Me: I don't have a Lilly.  I have an Eli, and his appointment is tomorrow at 11am.
Her: Oh, sorry, I was reading the wrong information.  Your son, Elijah has an appointment tomorrow at 11am.
Me: Oh, OKAY, thanks.
Her: You're welcome. Bye.

Thank goodness for her. 

Body issues
Pre-pregnancy, I was 142 lbs, with a relatively clear complexion and smooth skin.  Post-pregnancy I am stuck at 158 with pale, bumpy skin and acne.  I am SEX-E.  

I am also going to a chiropractor for the first time in my life.  This, I am loving.  Having a large child way overdue royally screwed up my right hip.  Steve, you might be the only one who truly understands this, but there is only supposed to be a difference of 3 cm between certain hip measurements.  My difference was 18 cm.  Not to mention that my tail-bone was off center.  I also got my back, shoulders, and neck adjusted.  The good news is that I have not damaged my spine in any way from having bad posture (thank God!).  My second adjustment was today, and I didn't pop nearly as much as the first time.  We're making progress!!

As for the paleness, pudge, and pimples, I'm working on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home