redesigned

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Healing

It' been about two weeks now since Eli came along.  Physically, I'm starting to feel a lot better.  I never thought I'd be thankful to be able to poo without it virtually killing me.  And I've gotten over the hump with nursing as well.  It still doesn't feel good, but it's not constantly painful.  Speaking of which, I've already had to start supplementing with formula.  My very large child has a very large appetite.  I can't keep up.  Actually, it's kind of nice that he's taking it well already.  That means Jim can feed him at least once a day, and I can...well...shower.

Emotionally, I've had a bit of a rough road.  I think I'm getting past the "baby blues" now, but it's  been a ride.  I know it's all chemical; my hormones are trying to get back to normal.  And Jim's gone on two trips in the two weeks we've been back, which has made it more challenging, but he's back tomorrow.  Hopefully my sanity will return soon as well.

Having said all that, I am absolutely in love with my child.  He's perfect.

Oh, and I turned 29 this past Monday.  The b-day kind of slipped through the cracks this year, but I had a nice dinner out with my hubby and new baby.  Woot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home