redesigned

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Spoke too soon...

I was just saying last week how it's amazing that I've not really gotten sick once during this pregnancy. I'd had a low-grade fever a couple times, but that's to be expected with all of the body changes. Well, I started feeling it coming on this past weekend, and I woke up today with body aches, a painful cough, stuffiness and a rough throat. I don't have a fever though! That helps a lot. Looks like it's vitamin C and juice like crazy for me now.

And speaking of pregnancy...

Three weeks to go as of today. And that's if I go full term. As long as I make it one more week, I'll be happy. Jim's on one last unavoidable business trip. He gets back Saturday. We got the baby room prepared this past weekend so that I could unpack all of our shower gifts and get it all ready while he's gone. He did most of the work, AND he was sick for most of the time-that's how amazing my husband is. He painted, put the crib/changing table together, and moved the dresser into the room. (Side note about the dresser-it's Jim's dresser from growing up. His son will be using the same dresser he did-isn't that kind of cool? I think so...anyway...)

The only thing I've craved hard-core in the past couple months is milk. LOTS of milk. And now it's chocolate milk. YUM. And fluids. I just can't seem to get enough to drink. I've even hardly been drinking soda, I'm that thirsty all the time. I don't want to make myself thirstier. Jim said that I am with fluids like an SUV is with gas. It's true...

And speaking of fluids...I go to bed every night with stiff, swollen feet. And wake up with stiff, swollen hands. Something odd going on there...

My total weight gained now is 38 pounds. I can't really figure out where it's gone other than my belly. Maybe a bit in my bum and legs. But not much. I hope it goes away quickly after the birth...Both my mom and sister went down a size after their first babies, so maybe I have those genes...I hope.

I'm definitely uncomfortable. Boys are carried high in general, but I'm convinced he's made a home for himself in my ribcage. He's very active, which is both fun AND painful at times. I'm really getting to the point where I'm ready to have him. But not for at least a week...

I'll post pics of the baby room soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home