redesigned

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Never-ending pregnancy

I sing that to the tune of "Neverending Story" by the way.  Yes, I am a dork.

So here's the update from my doctor yesterday:

-I am dilated about 1.5 cm (finally!).
-If he doesn't come naturally, we set an appointment to induce this coming Wednesday.  At 7am.

So this time next week, we will have a little boy.  What an incredibly scary thought.

As for my body, it's definitely reaching its limits.  I am SO poofy all over.  My hands and feet are constantly swollen, and I'm retaining about a lakes-worth of water.  Even my legs are red and poofy.  Our little boy's head keeps causing sharp pains in my pelvic area, and my right hip gave out very painfully 5 or 6 times yesterday.  I slept with a thick pillow between my knees all last night to try to get it back where it belongs.  So far, so good.

As much as I'm not looking forward to any pain associated with labor, I've come to the conclusion that it is a fair trade-off for my body slowly going back to normal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home