redesigned

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Detox
So I've decided that while Jim is gone for the next couple of weeks, I'm going to do a self-cleanse.  I've actually never done this before, but I've been reading a lot about it and have really been wanting to "get healthy", and I think this would be a good jump-start to that whole process.  I went to Natures Pharm today and purchased what promises to be a powerful combination of capsules, consisting of an internal cleanse formula, fiber, and omegas 3, 6, and 9.  It's a 30 day cleanse, and Jim will be back long before it's done, but I figure if there are going to be any gross initial effects, they will have passed before he's home.  I'm actually kind of excited about it.  Is that weird?  The cleanse formula rids toxins from the liver, lungs, lymphatic system, kidneys, skin, blood, and bowels.  Then the fiber and omegas help flush it completely out of the body.  The only down side is I hate swallowing pills, and this will be 11 total per day.  Yuck.  I was told that I need to cut out any extra sugars (a.k.a. my soda) and red meat (which I don't really eat anyway) while doing the cleanse.  That's fine.  I certainly don't need it.  I'll just drink ice water instead.  I developed a love for ice water toward the end of my pregnancy.  The colder the better.

So there you go.  I'll let you know how it goes :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home