redesigned

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Two dates in two days...followed by the flu...
Vinny had a birthday bash Friday night at the bar downtown where my sister works.  My mom came over to stay with Eli and we went and hung out for several hours.  It was our first time out of the house together without the kid.  Then yesterday, we dropped Eli off at his babysitter (one of my former coworkers), and we went to see "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", which was practically paid for by a generous gift from the O'Maleys :)  It was really strange, but good.  It's almost three hours long but it kept our interest really well.  It's a really good adaptation of the original short story.  Both Jim and I cried like babies at the end.  It's kind of like Titanic; we knew how it had to end, but it still got us.   

So last night, I started to get really cold and body achey and my throat started to hurt.  Greeeat.  I took some ibuprofen and went to bed.  I was really hoping I would sleep it off.  No such luck.  I woke up around 1 am, roasting.  It took almost two hours for me to cool off enough to get back to sleep, and then I didn't sleep very well.  You know those weird fever-induced dreams?  That's all I had all night, fueled by the weird-ass movie I had just seen.  There's nothing quite like being stalked by a scary old shriveled up Brad Pitt in your dreams.  At one point, I got up to get a glass of milk.  I was trying to be quiet and keep it dark so I wouldn't disturb Jim.  I put my glass of milk on my bedside table and then bent over to plug in my phone.  The second I stood up, I was greeted by the thrill of something cold running down my front.  I had dipped my hair in my milk.  

Yay me.

Needless to say, I didn't get a lot of sleep and had a temperature of 102.3 when I took it around 8 am.  I am thankful for a couple things: one-it's not the stomach flu, and two-we happened to have some DayQuil.  So I'm currently drugged up and hungry.  My fever's not totally gone, and my ears and throat still hurt, but the medicine is fighting the body-acheyness.   That's the part that really drives me nutty, so I'm thankful.

Maybe two dates was overdoing it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home