redesigned

Monday, March 22, 2010

Mommy stuff

We recently converted Eli's crib to a toddler bed. It's SO cliche to say, but it is really true - it goes so quickly! It feels like I fell asleep and woke up two years later. But every new phase has its perks.

It's been a week now since we converted the bed, and it also marks a week of Eli NOT napping. This is not one of the perks. But he gets really excited about bed time now, and lays right down, gets cozy, and drifts off. This is a perk.

Last night, for the first time, I went into his room and he was on the floor. He'd slipped out apparently at some point. I just picked him up and put him back in and he fell right back asleep. Then, at about 2:45 am, I was woken up by Eli standing at my bedside. He said, "Mom?", and I about peed myself. Scared the crap out of me. But he wanted in our bed, so I picked him up and laid him between Jim and I and he snuggled up and fell right to sleep. I have to admit, I kind of loved it. It took me awhile to fall back to sleep because Eli was moving around a lot, but once I did, we both slept comfortably until this morning.

Jim told me before he left for work, that he was woken up a couple times by Eli kicking. I figure that's fair since Eli kept me up kicking for most of my last trimester.

Payback is sweet :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh, he's growing up way too fast. :-(

    Sue

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home