redesigned

Friday, February 12, 2010

OK, I'll stay...

Fresh start, fresh layout. And I've enabled blogger commenting instead of using a separate site for that.

I just have been feeling the need to simplify my life a bit lately. I started by going onto my facebook earlier and deleting a ton of apps, most of which I don't use anymore. Along with a couple I did. Let's just put it this way - the fish are gone and the farm will be soon as well.

I also downgraded from an iPhone to "just a cell phone". I am not anti-technology at all. I love technology (cue the wedding song from Napoleon Dynamite). I just want to slow down a bit and enjoy life more, and being so "wired" was definitely going against that.

I know people who always have to be on the computer or on their phone. Constantly. Like an addiction. And that's fine...for them. Not for me.

Maybe I'm weird, but I love listening to records. Yes, records. As in LPs. And I'm currently fixing up an antique radio. And loving every second of it. I can't wait to be able to listen to it! I also love writing real letters to people. On paper. And sending cards. I think it's really a lost art of keeping in touch with friends. Maybe it's just because I really love putting thought and effort into things. Getting email is commonplace. Getting an actual letter or card is exciting.

Weird, huh?

1 Comments:

  • At 2:59 AM , Anonymous Danielle said...

    Blogging should never feel like an obligation. I've been on a bit of a blog vacation too. I figure I'll write when I get back to that phase. For now, I'm doing other stuff.

    LOVE!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home