redesigned

Thursday, February 18, 2010

My little man(iac)

Eli has officially hit the "terrible twos" phase, and, not coincidentally, I have officially hit the "I want to shoot myself in the head" phase. Everyday is now a battle of the wills, and I'm sad to say I don't always win. I want him to eat, he doesn't want to. I want him to nap, he doesn't want to. I want to sit and relax, he wants me to play. I want to play, he wants to play alone. This morning he refused to eat the breakfast I had for him, but then seemed open to the idea of cereal. So I put some on his table along with the box (he likes to point out and say the letters he's learning), and he proceeded to open it when I wasn't looking and pour the entire (yes, entire) box onto the floor. It is days like today that drive me right to the real soda. Sugar is my nicotine. And I think Chick-fil-a is my booze.

As I write this, my hair is greasy and I need a shower. However, I did brush my teeth and put on deodorant, so I label this day a success :)

4 Comments:

  • At 5:51 PM , Anonymous Julie said...

    Man, those phases are so [not] fun! I feel that pain. It's not so bad when the girls alternate their phases, but when they decide to be difficult at the same time, my head wants to explode. There are those rare days when going to work feels like a vacation! Hang in there, girl!

     
  • At 10:17 PM , Blogger Mrs. C said...

    It does get better...well maybe...Hang in there!!

     
  • At 3:05 AM , Anonymous Danielle said...

    Your blog is becoming the only birth control I need. I don't know how you do it... especially after the toothbrush incident!

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Funny you should say that. I was thinking that any of my friends without kids certainly wouldn't be encouraged to start anytime soon after reading this...hehe.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home