redesigned

Monday, October 16, 2006

Why is it so hard?
I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about my friends. Just so you know, if you are my friend, you are near and dear to my heart. The thing I've been wondering lately, specifically, is...why is it so hard to "keep in touch"? Maybe it's the blog/myspace thing. It's so easy to read everyone's sites daily and really feel like I'm "up" on what's going on in their lives. The problem is, it's a really limited view. Take Allison, for example. Because I can read her myspace, I feel like I'm with her...in a way. But then I actually call her and realize there are a million other things I never would have known about if I hadn't called. It's just so hard for me to pick up the phone and call people. I just read on Allison's site about her phone phobia. That is a good, legitimate reason for not initiating phone calls. Julie relates to the same thing. I don't think I have that fear, per say. But it's really hard for me to call people. I have to force myself to set aside time to just talk. Even e-mailing has become a hassle. My mom has friends that she actually writes letters to and calls only a few times a year. They are satisfied with that. But I admit that even I would not be satisfied with that. Maybe it's our generation. We are so fast paced and electronically connected...maybe we expect more. I don't know. I'm just rambling now.

Just know that if you are my friend, I truly love you and desire to stay close. Please be patient with me as I attempt to, with God's help, slow myself down enough to take time for what is important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home