redesigned

Saturday, March 28, 2009

HGTV Whore
I have been watching an incredible amount of HGTV while I've been on this trip with Jim.  I'm beginning to wonder how I have lived without it...it's like aesthetic heroin.

Baby it's cold  windy outside
Jim's project hasn't been going so well, due mainly to the screw-ups of the guys who did the wiring before he got here.  He's working really hard, long hours to get everything fixed, so I decided on a whim to walk to his worksite.  The walk was about 4 1/2 miles round trip.  Silly me thought that since I could walk a mile in about 15 minutes, that it would be easy and relatively quick.  Mmm hmm.  There were some hills involved.  And I was pushing a stroller.  When I finally got to what I thought was the site - the hospital - turns out I overshot where he was by about a half mile.  So I grabbed a bite to eat in the cafeteria and then headed back.  He was only able to get away for a few minutes, but it was worth it to surprise him.  The trip back was probably entertaining to anyone watching.  I was walking directly into the wind the entire time.  There was a storm front moving in, so these were some strong winds.  Needless to say, pushing a stroller up hills with 25 mph winds blowing directly at you is challenging, to say the least.  I felt like I was in one of those dreams - you know - the ones where you're trying to run away but can't.  It was just like that.  And to add to the comic aspect of it, I was getting smacked silly with leaves the entire time.  Eli really enjoyed the wind.  It was his first real experience being out in it for so long.  And we got back to the hotel just in time.  It's storming like crazy right now.  All in all, it's been a good day :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home