redesigned

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Things and stuff: moving day

-We were going to move tomorrow.  Now we're moving Saturday, with an additional moving truck and driver: Vinny.  We bought him a one-way plane ticket home.

-We have a massive amount of stuff.  Seriously.  It's weird.

-Our refrigerator arrived today.  That's right TODAY.  Two weeks after paying for it.  And did I mention it's not even the one we bought?  Yeah.  That one doesn't work.   Imagine that.

-There are three men currently loading stuff into our moving trucks.  I am sitting on my bum blogging.  Somehow it feels right.

-I've been dealing with what I refer to as "fat cramps" the past couple days.  You know, cramping in that line right below the rib cage where the roll forms?  Don't act like I'm the only one...

-I'm thinking of starting a whole new website for myself once we get settled down south.  Something to incorporate my photography and blogging.  I need a creative name for it.  I'm taking suggestions.

-I'm really going to miss my family and friends.  I never thought I'd be thankful for email and Facebook.

-Those who have promised to visit, had BETTER.  You know who you are.

-I turn 30 on April 7th.  I'm surprisingly unaffected by this.

-I'm mentally tired from the past couple of days.

-I am going to miss Igloo vanilla cokes.  I'm drinking one right now.

-Jim managed to damage his OWN car whilst moving an engine lift in the garage.  He said "shit".  It was funny.

-I've "said goodbye" to several friends over the past couple of days.  I'll see three or four more tomorrow.  It's not emotional or anything, and I prefer that.

-I have been very contemplative this past week.  I've spent my entire life, almost three decades, in this city.  It's a bit strange to uproot and leave it all behind.

-I need an adjustment.  My back, not my attitude...

-In three days, I will be living somewhere warm.  Be jealous, Yanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home